Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Back from Vacation...


Yes, this is a filler post. Just got back from the beach (our house on the congested Delaware shore). Speaking of congested, exposure to toddlers and babies has given me a 102 fever to compliment my sunburn. However I got to check out my new favorite TV this summer, Flight of the Conchords on HBO. Comes on after Entourage, which is getting played, if you ask me. Check it out. The parodies of Hip Hop (ie I be rhyemenosaurus) and Jamaican Dancehall (Who de boom boom?) are hilarious, (and testament how bad Hip Hop and Dancehall have sunk creatively as it has become easier to riff on them). The thick accents are part of shtick. I love it.

Glad so many of you liked the interview with Lisa Jones Johnson. We got 300 hits over the holiday just on that post.

5 comments:

Chicama Vineyard said...

British (New Zealand?) humor is a little too subtle.

Pebbles Flintstone said...

At first, I found their humor a little too-subtle and very strange as well. But after watching the first episode for a little while, they really are pretty funny. In a kind-of "reverse Larry-David-ish" way. Larry David knows what is going on, but he is just obnoxious.

These guys are clueless in a loveable sort of way. Plus, their songs are really crazy.

Anonymous said...

I love this show, reminds me of "The Kids in The Hall". Remember that? Their songs just kill me.

Anonymous said...

You are all wet! This show is awful. I can't justify keeping HBO now, even though The Wire's coming back. I switched to Showtime.

Anonymous said...

I like it. I think "Jemaine" is the funniest one. The songs are pretty good a parodies and standing on their own.

It's better than Curb Your Enthusiasm!!!