Wednesday, July 11, 2007

RIP "Ladybird"

The scene: Somewhere in the afterlife...

LBJ: Well Bird, whutchew think about this peepsqueak Dubya usin' me and mah so called failures to justify this bullshit in Iraq...and pissing all over whut I tried to accomplish for a just society? Thas right gurl--whut I accomplished, not that phoney baloney Jack Kennedy or his whiny little brother Bobby!

Claudia: Oh Lyndon give it a goddamn rest! You flap your gums more than Hubert Humphrey on meth. Where's the goddamn ladies room in this place? Last thing I recalled before my soul floated off that table was Lord, I gotta pee like a mare!

LBJ: Well now Bird you think this little ree-tard's gonna pull sum'thin' shady in the next few months...sorta "waggin' the Dawg" to di-vert all them dumbass folk whut voted fer him? I hear his "Homeland See-curity" fella's got a "gut feelin'" about a terrorist attack. Hell, I don't know much, but I know the difference 'tween chickshit and chicken salad...

Claudia: Lyndon I swear you need to shut your damn trap and find me some barbeque and a tall lemonade. Now I'm gonna go play a hand of bridge with Abigail Adams and Jackie...yes, Jackie...maybe you can inhabit the body of that colored boy Obama, or even that Mexican Richardson--and have mercy what kind of a Mexican name is that? Go teach those fools in your old party what leadership and hardball's all about. They need to learn it quick. I kept tellin' them all along. Hope they listened...

RIP, Bird. They broke the mold with you.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gawd your writing really sucks.

Chicama Vineyard said...

Who's "Z?" Have you been leaving the truth on right wing blogs again you naughty boy? LOL

Ladybird was an amazing woman, a true steel magnolia and yes they broke the mold. Eleanor Roosevelt, where are you, too?

Blessings,

and "Z"-- there are affordable treatments for needledicks. Whoa.

Anonymous said...

First of all, bruh, I loved your story in AHMM. SoZ's wrong about that. I thought the one in Whispers in the Night: DD III sucked, as Z says. Don't pout! It seemed you "phoned it in." But I loved the concept and the characters, however. Just don't get stoned on Robitussin before you type.
(you know I got your back!)

Second of all, your little play is amusing, but Ladybird Johnson is indeed a bit before my time so I'm not feeling it. I think she ceased being First Lady six months after I was born. Makes me a Nixon baby. Lawd. So you don't think Michelle and Barack will imbue the White House residence with such fireworks and banter. Shame on you for not being a true believer!

Let us all know if you or your bred'ren are going to Comic-Con.

Your Favorite Teacher said...

I really liked the blog. Lady Bird Johnson was a woman of her time, but she exuded class and acceptance.

Anonymous said...

It took a special woman to love LBJ. Monster and hero all wrapped in one package.

Too bad their legacy is a marriage into Chuck Robb's family.

field negro said...

"z" must be from that site with a certain black icon's name (Booker) in the title.

Great post! And way to acknowledge someone who was way underated in my book.