Saturday, April 25, 2009

RIP Bea Arthur. You would have shredded Andrew Napolitano...


"Maude" was the last of the 70s fightin' liberals, like US Court of Appeals Judge David Bazelon. "Dorothy" was a tough old bird and not the stereotype of the creepily creeping Florida retiree (you know--the ones whose state rights were trampled by the supposedly federalism-loving, non activist GOP leaning Supreme Court in making George Bush president in 2000). BTW Andy Nappy, Nat hasn't forgotten about you. Tune in Sunday 4/26.
Whew.
Bea was much teased as the big ugly woofer woman. Trust me when I was entering puberty I watched Maude with my Mom merely to staple my eyes on Adrienne Barbeau's tee-ties. But I appreciated, even at age 12, how amusing and skilled Bea really was. And how many of these tools who called her a man (LOL) ever saw her on Broadway, or any stage? She was the best. RIP, Bea. And God'll get you for that, Hannity...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok all that's fine about art, but she was ugly as hell.

ch555x said...

The Golden Girls was a pretty cool show. RIP Bea!

craig said...

"The Golden Girls was a pretty cool show." WTF?

Jazmine said...

She was hot anf both shows were well done! RIP, Bea.

Dark Moon said...

I always admired Bea Arthur. I grew up watching the Maude re-runs and she was by far, my favorite Golden Girl. She was an excellent actress/performer (although I think underutilized) who really had to carve a niche out since she was not seen as Hollywood Beautiful, although I think she was attractive.

She will certainly be missed.

RIP.

Tafari said...

I for one was a fan of Bea's I was saddened upon hearing the news.

With Dorothy & Ma now gone, chances of a Golden Girls reunion are slim to none.

Im just saying.

Tafari

Anonymous said...

This is one black girl from NYC who ADORES Golden Girls. I don't care what Bea looked like, she was GREAT actress and comedienne who I respected a great deal. I still quote Golden Girls in regular conversation.

Actresses today are beautiful, but they have no talent. And to me, Bea's talent made her gorgeous. The chemistry and comedic timing on Golden Girls was and is unparalleled and Bea Arthur was instrumental to that. Like Tafari said, without Dorothy and Ma, what would TV be like?

Unabashed Golden Girls fan for life!!

Dark Moon said...

I have to second metacognition. I have all the Golden Girls seasons (7)on DVD as well. Some of the best moments in the series was between Bea Arthur and Estelle Getty. Without them there was no show. I will certainly miss Bea Arthur. What a marvelous and multi-talented performer.

Anonymous said...

http://eekshop.com
How to learn more about Get Your Ex Boyfriend Back By Saying No to Just Friends