Sunday, May 24, 2009

Bully: all American suburban kids murder a dude



Near the boardwalk I heard a woman around my age musing...whispering...to a younger woman about how pleasant our little stretch of the Delware shore is compared to farther down toward Ocean City, Md, where there are "too many black kids who look like criminals." Funny, I've never seen anyone like that at the beach--in Delaware or down there at Ocean City. Above is a depiction of something done by kids in Florida, who more resemble the type of kids I've seen around here. Not very smart, those kids. But then again, they didn't have to be. Think about it. Cower. Or remain in denial. The latter's easier. Easy is de rigeur.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Brad Renfro was one the biggest unsung young actors. It was a shame he wasn't honored with all the rest of the dead folks at the Oscars! Heath Ledger killed himself with prescription drugs, yet Brad did it with illegal drugs. That is the only difference between the two of them.

You should have told those women what my mother says: you don't have to be in the hood to be a clueless, detached, unengaged or misguided parent! Those type of people are responsible for the children in "Bully."

Deocliciano Okssipin Vieira, aka Ochyming said...

Another example of lack of empathy.

Yes, you did sin in not lecturing that woman.
It could be a case of fuzzy sighting rather unwillingness to comprehend.

But, i to tend to ignore ignorant rants like that when i am not one of the interlocutors, partly because you cannot (forcefully) make people see any reason unless it is their intent ________________

Anonymous said...

The suburban scariness is behind closed doors and mysterious. That's why it's compelling for movies and books. Urban & ethnic is upfront thus ugly and uncomfortable.

Pebbles Flintstone said...

Stop joaning on Fla.!

JD said...

I seen this film on HBO
It shocking as KIDS(one of my favorite films)

ch555x said...

American Beauty?

Lisa J said...

Well, at least they didn't say it to you. I had a kid in middle school say to me once that he didn't like going to professional basketball games b/c too many black people went. Then he asked me if I went to them. I said nothing. Sometimes some white folks are truly clueless. Their $hit doesn't stink.