Yet another reason why Barack needs to stop subcontracting the legwork on legislation to pols like Nancy Pelosi (yeah, more a Baltimore Little Italy hon once you peel away the Left Coast veneer, but like her daddy and brother, too much into machine/payoff politics) or Harry Reid (who's a tool).
It's all pretty clear to me. These folks at Gitmo can go to federal prisons. 99% are losers or students needing to "find themselves" who were in the wrong place, at the wrong time, by listening to the wrong people. The other 1%? I'm gonna say it loud, and say it mean, and kiss my ass if you're too (1) blind, (2) stupid (3) got an axe to grind to admit: they are no more dangerous and indeed less so on some levels, than incarcerated La Eme & MS-13 leaders, any number of Hannibal Lechter wannabees, Gangsta D/Crips/Bloods what the hell ever warlords, junior gangbangers who happened to knock over a bank and killed some people, redneck meth cookers and dealers, kingpin dopers, child kidnappers, Aryan nation chiefs, McVeigh types and other wingnut "race war" criminals, the Unibomber and of course the remnants of the Cosa Nostra. Put them in solitary like Gotti was. Ramzi Usef, the '93 World Trade Center mastermind, molders in a fed supermax. The world didn't collapse for that. Israel's still safe despite it. Etc. Etc. On and on. Jeez.
So why are we debating this, and why is Barack not saying this in plain English, over the muddle of Reid, and the shrieking, slight of hand propaganda of the rightwing? Well, yet again, he's too nice a guy, and presupposes that the majority of Americans can dicern chickenshit from chicken salad.