Sunday, March 15, 2009

Bracketology. NCAA Obession begins...


Yeah, the bracket above's hard to read, so just click on it to view the teams. But if you're a true fan, you already know. My poor Hoyas are doubtless bound for the NIT with Princeton. My dad said back in the day the NIT was the "ish." Not now. So behold the Big Dance--a Frankenstein's Monster like the BCS. I would say a team like Cornell, representing our beloved Ivy League, offers the only true student athletes in a money orgy that has nothing whatsoever to do with collegiant, amateur sport & honor. But it's CORNELL, and per my neighbor who's a former U.S. Ambassador to Japan and bleeds orange & black, Cornell's about as Ivy League as Kelly Ripa. LOL
Glad to see the Terps in. Poor Gary Willians, though. Big choke potential versus Cal and we in Merry-land can't live with more Terrapin choking. How many times can we turn wistfully to Len Bias? In that vein, why the f--k are Duke and UNC playing in Greensboro? Come on...the battle's epic on it's own without having to manufacture drama for the ratings. Send them to Boise. Oh well, I'm trying to get up to Philly for some first round games. As for Detroit, it needs the help. God knows, it needs the help. Hopefully Kwame Kilpatrick will stay away till the hypefest's done...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go BIG RED! So where's Princeton again? Huh huh? I thought so! Yes, in the basement with Georgetown!

Lisa said...

You should NOT count out MY team: Memphis. Final Four--trust!

Anonymous said...

And you left off American U. Duh. Hoya who?

Kia said...

Long time reader but it would take March Madness to bring me out of lurkdom.

I went to a tiny liberal arts college in New England, so alma mater wise I don't have a horse in the race. But my husband went to UNC so I'm happy to jump on the Psycho T bandwagon!

Anonymous said...

I disagree about you comment on equating the BCS with the NCAA tourney. The BCS stuff is indeed Frankenstein-out-of-control. The selection of March Madness teams and sites is a million times more thoughtful and studied. There is indeed hype and lots of TV money but this is nothing compared to the misplaced money and promotion having to do with the BCS games.

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

All I care about is Syracuse. Perhaps we can make it past the first round.

Ananda said...

i am sad about my hoyas too. however, i am excited about my morgan bears who get to play on thursday. in the end, i am gonna probably go with unc, conn or pitt.